- Client is bound by all violations of rules and understands violations may result in dismissal at any time.
- Client commits to a minimum of six months' stay.
- Visitors, including former VOH clients, sponsors, family, and significant others, are not allowed in the house at any time without the approval of the house manager or VOH staff.
- No disruptive behavior is allowed. Any behavior that upsets the serenity of the home will not be tolerated and may result in immediate dismissal.
- Client will only be permitted to have minimal personal belongings and must fit in their assigned space(s).
- No loitering in front of the property for any reason.
- Smoking and vaping are only permitted in a designated area(s). NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Law enforcement will not be called to the residence, unless it is a true emergency, without prior approval from staff.
- There is no eating in the bedrooms or living rooms and no sleeping in common areas.
- All grievances with staff or house will be discussed and addressed after Client submits a grievance form.
- Client must obey instructions or directions given by the house manager or staff. Insubordination or disrespect for the house manager or other client (s) may result in dismissal.
- Client acknowledges VOH will not be responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Client understands that VOH rules are subject to change without notice.
- Lights out is 10:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and 11:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday. There is no TV, radio, cooking, being in common area, or noise between these hours.
Restriction (first 30 days or rent restriction)
- Clients may only leave the property to go to work, attend NA/AA meetings or functions, volunteer work, self-improvement programs, counseling, grocery shopping, medical appointments or activity approved by VOH staff and only when accompanied by a client that is not on restriction or another individual approved by VOH staff.
- The chairperson must sign an NA/AA meeting verification form at every meeting for the first 90 days.
- Client must get a sponsor, home group, and service commitment within ten (10) days of admission.
- Client may not get a ride to anywhere with another client that is on restriction or any unapproved person. The house manager will approve acceptable individuals to transport Client to an approved destination on a case by case basis. Client must obtain approval from the house manager before leaving the house with anyone that is not in the VOH program.
- Client cannot leave the property during restriction period unless accompanied by another client that is not on restriction, except work and volunteering unless approved by the house manager.
- Client must attend 90 twelve-step recovery meetings in 90 days.
- Client must attend and participate in weekly house and group meetings during their stay.
- After 90 days, Client is required to attend a minimum of four outside (4) NA/AA outside meetings per week.
- Client must be working steps with a sponsor within two weeks of admission.
- Client must pay $130.00 per week for rent and utilities and a $50.00 intake fee. If a client has ANY past due rent balance, they are placed on immediate restriction (see restriction rules). Rent restriction can be lifted when a re-payment plan has been provided and first payment is made.
- It is Client 's responsibility to review their weekly invoices. Any discrepancies must be reported within seven days of receipt of the invoice. Discrepancies must be submitted via email and a detailed description of the discrepancy.
- Clients must email a late rent explanation plan every week per the late rent payment procedure. Emails should be sent to kristyc@avohrecovery.
- If Client is not working full time, then they must devote 4 hours per day volunteering on any day, they are not working
- 8 hours. If a client is unemployed, they must complete 4 hours of volunteer work and 4 hours of job searches M-F. Client must make a diligent effort to obtain employment if not employed and promptly provide proof of employment, work schedule, and pay stubs upon request.
- Client's work schedule cannot interfere with meeting or house requirements.
- Client acknowledges personal areas are subjected to search by a VOH staff member at any time.
- Curfew is 10 pm Sunday through Thursday and 11 pm on Friday and Saturday after the first 30 days.
- Outside overnight visits may be granted after 60 days at the house manager's discretion and upon submitting an overnight request form at least seven days in advance. Overnight requests will not be granted to a client who is past due in rent.
- Clients must sign out/in on the VOH accountability app each time they leave/arrive home. Should Client 's destination change after they leave the house, they must notify the house manager immediately.
- Client is required to fill out and submit a weekly report every Sunday for the duration of their stay.
- Client must submit valid vehicle registration and insurance to the house manager upon intake.
- Client must NEVER ask or agree to lending or borrowing of food, money, personal items, cigarettes, etc.
- Must be awake by 6:00 am. Monday through Friday and have their bed made before leaving their room. There is no sleeping during the day. Clients must be awake by 8:00 am on weekends.
- Clients cannot work between the hours of 11:00 pm and 5:00 am unless per-approved by the house manager.
- Client must perform weekly and daily chores to the satisfaction of the house manager and sign off on their chore daily.
- Client must immediately clean up after themselves at all times.
- There are to be no dishes in the sink at any time. Dishes must be cleaned immediately after use.
- Client must participate in weekly house GI (ready for general inspection by house manager or staff) cleaning.
- Client must do laundry on assigned date or forfeit/exchange their laundry day.
- There will be absolutely no refunds for clients dismissed due to testing positive for drugs and alcohol or violating the rules after warning.
- Client is subject to random drug testing at Client 's expense of $6.00 each.
- Possessing or testing positive for drugs or alcohol will result in immediate dismissal with NO REFUND.
- There are no illegal drugs, alcohol, or unapproved prescription medications allowed. Prescription medications will be approved and monitored after consideration by the VOH staff. All doctors' appointments need approval
- Client is required to report any known or suspected drug/alcohol use or violation of rules to the house manager.
- VOH does not allow narcotic medications, including, but not limited to, benzodiazepines, opiates, suboxone, or ADHD medication. All prescription medications must be disclosed to the house manager during the entire admission to the program.
- Psychiatric medications may not be discontinued without physician approval documentation submitted to the house manager.